1. RATES: All rates displayed are in Japanese Yen and are inclusive of taxes. All prices quoted are per person, per night or per room, per night, unless otherwise stated. Double and Twin rooms sleep two people however, may be booked for one person only or for parents and children under 5. In these circumstances, the full room rate will apply. Unless otherwise indicated, extras such as train station pickup/drop off, snow shuttle drop off/pickup, breakfast and coffee, are all included in the rate.
2. PAYMENT: Payment of the full booking amount is due on check-in. This payment will be in cash or credit card at check-in. However, payment for a long stay or group bookings, may be made at the time of reservation, transferred directly to a Japanese bank account with the deposit in Yen or Australian bank account with the deposit in AUD. Prices are subject to change without notice, and all persons are obliged to pay the overnight price current at the time of reservation. Myoko Forest Lodge is not responsible for currency conversion and therefore any questions regarding currency conversion must be directed to bank.
3. ELIGIBILITY: All guests must provide valid identification in the form of a driver’s licence or passport at check-in.
4. PRE-AUTHORISATION & DEPOSIT: All reservations must be guaranteed with a valid credit card at time of booking. A deposit may be required. No money will be taken from your credit card but it will show as a ‘Pending Transaction’ and you may choose to use a different payment type to pay your final bill.
5. GROUP BOOKINGS: A reservation of two or more rooms or more is usually considered a group booking and can be made through our site. For group bookings specifics, please email email@example.com. We reserve the right to terminate a reservation of two or more rooms, either through a single transaction or multiple transactions, which we determine was made through our site in a fraudulent manner or in such a manner so as to avoid the group booking requirement.
6. THIRD-PARTY BOOKINGS: Bookings made through a third-party website are subject to that site’s terms and conditions. Please be aware these may differ from our website’s terms and conditions.
7. PETS: Assistance dogs, such as guide dogs, hearing dogs, and dogs for those who are disabled, are permitted. Dogs may stay upon approval of management. Please email request firstname.lastname@example.org
8. MAXIMUM ROOM OCCUPANCY: The maximum number of guests per room type is clearly specified on our website and via all our online agent sites. Failure to book appropriate rooms/bed numbers for your group may result in members of your party being turned away and/or penalty charges.
9. ROOM ALLOCATION: While every endeavour will be made to ensure you are accommodated in the same room throughout your stay, due to limited availability at time of booking, it may be necessary for you to change rooms. If applicable, you will be advised of this at check-in. You will be accommodated in a room of similar or higher standard to that originally booked. Due to limited availability at time of booking, multi-share accommodation for two or more guests may be provided in separate rooms. Every endeavour will be made to ensure this does not occur, but should this be necessary you will be advised at check-in. All dorm room beds are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
10. TRAVEL INSURANCE
Myoko Forest Lodge strongly recommends that at the time of booking you purchase comprehensive travel insurance to cover items including but limited to: loss of booking amount through cancellation, loss or damage to personal luggage or possessions, loss of money and medical expenses.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
1. CHECK-IN: Check-in is from 14.00 JPN. If you arrive earlier on the date of your stay we are more than happy to hold your bags for you until your room is available. Early check-in is subject to availability on the day of arrival. We require valid identification on check-in in the form of driver’s licence or passport and evidence of your booking reference or voucher for bookings made via travel agents and online travel agent (OTA) websites. The guest is not entitled to the provision of specific rooms unless the Lodge has confirmed this in writing.
2. LATE ARRIVALS: We request that guests advise us of late arrival plans (arrival times after 20.00 JPN) prior to date of arrival. In these instances directions on how to obtain the room key will be informed by the Myoko Forest Lodge reservation.
3. NO SHOW: In the event that the (a) guest does not arrive for their booking, the booking will be cancelled in its entirety at 09.00 JPN on the morning after the reservations set arrival date. Myoko Forest Lodge shall inform the guest of charges payable, which may range from the cost of one to two nights depending on the length of booking. The Lodge is not obliged to keep the bed/room available after this time. If remaining nights are required by the guest, the guest must notify the Lodge before 09.00 JPN and request that the Lodge sends an updated confirmation with amended dates of the reservation in writing. The remaining nights will then function as a new booking and the same ‘No Show’ terms will apply.
4. CHECK-OUT: Check-out time is 10.00 JPN. We request that guests fully vacate the bed/room by this time. Belongings cannot be stored in the room after this time, however we have secure storage available on request. Late check-out is subject to availability, must be pre-arranged and may incur additional charges. If you wish to extend your stay please contact the team with as much notice as possible; extensions are subject to availability and may result in a room move. If you wish to shorten your stay this must be done with at least 24 hours’ notice of your new check-out date. Any delays in vacating room after 10.00 JPN will result in an additional delay fee on the top of the room rate.
5. NON-GUEST VISITORS: All non-guest visitors must be met by a named guest and signed in at reception before accessing the bar and dining room areas, only. The named guest is responsible for the visitor while onsite and liable for any damages, and room fees that the visitor incurs. There is a maximum of two non-guest visitors allowed access to the dining and bar area upon pre-authorised with management. These visitors must be signed out by 22.00 JPN in compliance with our Fire and Safety regulations process. Myoko Forest Lodge guests wish to add extra people to their room occupancy this must be pre-arranged with the front desk team and must not exceed the capacity of their room.
CANCELLATION POLICY: 100% cancellation up to arrival date due to Covid-19 health conditions. We would usually require a minimum of 48 hours’ notice prior to the date of arrival for all cancellations or amendments to accommodation reservations. Any change to the arrival date, departure date or room type of this reservation is subject to the Lodge’s availability at the time the change is requested and may result in a possible rate change or an additional fee. Non-refundable bookings have no option to cancel or receive a refund at a later date. Bookings made via an online agent such as Booking.com, Expedia or Ctrip must be cancelled by the guest via this agent before Myoko Forest Lodge is able to formally cancel the booking.
OUR RIGHT TO CANCEL: We may cancel your reservation at any time with immediate effect by giving you written notice (which includes email) if you do not pay us when you are required to do so or you breach your contract with us in any other material way. If we cancel your reservation where you are at fault, we reserve our legal rights in respect of your breach of contract. We may also cancel your reservation if an event outside of our control (including a pandemic, industrial action, acts of terrorism, tsunami, earthquakes, fire, flooding, and failure of power and/or water supplies or emergency evacuation) means that we are unable to make your room available to you. In such event we will contact you to let you know as soon as possible and if you have already paid for your room, we will refund your payment to you, or if you have not yet paid for your room, you will not have to make any payment to us. Save as set out above, we will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by an event outside of our control. Such limitation of liability does not affect your statutory rights.